Is your skin showing signs of dullness and ageing? Then, you need something instant that will give you a glowing complexion within a weeks’ time. Stressed out life, pollution, insomnia, unhealthy eating habits have taken a toll on your skin. It is now marred by acne, dark circles, blackheads, uneven skin tone, rough texture and a lacklustre look. No time to visit a salon either and get a facial done. To make things worse, winter has bestowed its own harshness on your delicate skin.
Here are few tips to get instant glowing complexion in 7 days.
Adopt the CTM as your new mantra. Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing are the basic requirement for a healthy complexion which has been often ignored by many.
Use a gentle cleanser to unclog the pores of your skin and keeping it acne free. The choice of cleanser depends on your skin type. A pack made of Lime juice, Honey and Yogurt can be effectively used to cleanse dry skin. People with oily skin can opt for Fullers Earth (Multani Mitti) instead of Yogurt.
The ultra-violet rays of the sun are harmful to the skin in various ways. Over a long period of time, the UV rays damage the skin fibre leading to wrinkles and tans. One of the convenient remedies to get rid of tan instantly and simultaneously act as a toner is mentioned below.
• One teaspoon of haldi (turmeric powder)
• One teaspoon of cream of milk
• Leave it for 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water
Aging skin can cause the skin to sag and look dull. It can be such a party pooper that just spoils your mood. For a smooth, soft and flawless skin, it is essential to keep the skin moisturized. Simple homemade masks or pack can really do wonders on the facial skin.
Mentioned below is one of the most proficient face-pack:
• One half of a banana
• One teaspoon olive/coconut oil
• One teaspoon honey
• Peel and mash the banana to form a smooth paste
• Add half teaspoon oil and mix well
• Apply the mask to the face and neck evenly
• Rinse it off with cold water after 15 minutes
A variety of home-made face mask can be used for superior results.
The second day of your schedule should be dedicated to improving the quality of your skin. So here we lay emphasis on your diet and its nutritional value. Eating the right kind of food is no doubt a surety for the skin to glow. If the internal system of your body is functioning healthily, the same is reflected on your face. Try and consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables which provide more of fibre and other nutrients. Fiber is essential to keep your stomach and gut healthy.
• Follow up your morning ritual of CTM with any other novel application of the mask. You can choose a mask made of aloe vera juice, honey, and oats or a fruit mask. This is a brilliant way to enhance your face value.
• Drink plenty of water and fluids in the form of fresh fruit or vegetable juices throughout the day. This will prevent the production of oil on your face and also unblock your pores.
• Before sleeping, remove your makeup with an astringent lotion to allow the skin to breathe.
The third day should be devoted to exfoliating and eliminating dead skin. This will keep the skin nourished, soft and smooth.
• You can begin by scrubbing your face gently with a face scrub or a sponge. This will help to remove the dead rough skin on the top and reveal the healthy layer of skin underneath.
• Post-exfoliation, do remember to tone and moisturize the skin to prevent from drying. You can choose any of the face-pack mentioned earlier.
• Whenever you step out of the house do not forget to apply sunscreen liberally on your face, neck, and hands. Be sure to apply the sunscreen at least 15 minutes prior to exposure to harmful Ultra Violet rays of the Sun
• At night, repeat the routine of CTM by applying a face mask to cleanse your skin thoroughly. Follow it by, toning and moisturizing effectively for a silky texture.
By the beginning of day four, you will notice positive results on your skin. There will be a stint of glow and texture much soft and glossy. But that doesn’t imply that you discard your schedule in between. You have to complete the process if you have to outshine others in the event.
• Day four can start with a steaming process. This will help to release dirt and grime from the pores of the skin.
• Follow up with a home-made face mask comprising of Sandalwood Powder, Turmeric Powder, Gram flour, Milk, and Honey. This will help to reseal the pores of the skin and tighten it.
• Moisturize your skin before you hit the bed at night to give a fresh look in the morning.
The fifth day must be allocated for a massage treatment. This will help in blood circulation of the facial nerves and polish the complexion.
• You can gently rub coconut/olive oil all over your face and neck. Keep on massaging till the oil is completely absorbed by the skin.
• After the massage, liberally apply a moisturizing cream and continue to massage it gently. A cream containing Aloe-Vera is highly recommended for the purpose.
• In the evening, try to include an orange juice face pack in your CTM schedule to make your skin look radiant and beautiful.
On day sixth, exfoliation process has to be followed again. For best results, exfoliate your skin at least twice a week.
• Continue with a nutritional diet and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Also, ensure to keep yourself happy and content as your face is the mirror of your inner thoughts and actions. Stress or emotional turmoil of any kind will be directly reflected on your face.
• Continue with the CTM process at night.
It is finally time to appreciate the results of your hard work. By now your skin is undeniably glowing and looking healthy, nourished and simply stunning.
• You can begin your day with a fruit facial followed by the CTM method in the morning.
• Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day to avoid dryness of skin.
• In the evening, just when you are getting ready for the party, rub an ice over your face and then apply a moisturizer followed by make-up.
• Do not forget to remove the make –up before hitting the bed.
So these are just some instant and yet excellent tips to give your face a complete makeover within a week’s time. Along with the above do catch up with eight hours of beauty sleep every night. Share if you agree.